Apply for membership benefits:
Apply for a travel grant, lab exchange grant or conference support
Before you apply please read the following:
SPPS offers travel grants for the following purposes:
- SPPS members can apply for SPPS travel grant to visit and to do research in another Nordic laboratory (from a nordic lab to another nordic lab)
- SPPS student members and members who are post doctoral researchers (up to three years from the PhD defence) can apply for SPPS Student travel grant, when availability of grants for a meeting has been announced, to attend:
- SPPS Congress
- SPPS Ph.D student Conference
- FESPB congress
- Other international congress organized in Scandinavia
- An international meeting organized outside Scandinavia only if the meeting is significantly supported by SPPS.
- Only SPPS members are eligible to apply for travel grants
- Travel grant applications should include travel plan with estimated costs, purpose of the travel. Contact information of a referee (only for student members) and CV might be requested later, as well as receipts of actual travel expenses
- Active participation in the meeting (oral or poster presentation) is required for the travel grant
- SPPS travel grants cover only actual traveling expenses. Conference fees and food are not traveling expenses. If the accommodation is included in the conference fee, it will not be covered by the travel grant.
- A grant application is a request for funding, SPPS reserves all rights to decline an application without reasoning
- Apply in time! To circumvent additional unnecessary costs for you or your supervisor, estimate your travel costs and apply for the grant prior to booking your trip. Some universities require booking through special travel agencies and will deduct overhead from your grant if refunded. Also, you might have to cover the cost of your trip yourself in case your application is not successful
- SPPS tries to evaluate your application within 2 weeks, but more time can be needed in some cases (if someone is on holidays for example) Please let us know in your application if a decision is especially urgent and why (to have applied late is not a special reason for an urgent decision ;-) )
- Exceptions from these rules can be made on special request. As they crave a decision from the council, which takes more time.
For more information on the SPPS grants, please contact the Secretary General or SPPS office.
Applications can be submitted at any time.