Apply for membership benefits:
Would you like to profit from the 25% discount on the open access fee for Physiologia Plantarum? Request the code from the SPPS Office Secretary
Before you apply please read the following:
For SPPS Grants, the following rules apply:
- Only SPPS members are eligible to apply for travel grants
- all trips supported by SPPS must be taken within the Nordic countries and all events must take place in the Nordic countries and be accessible to people from Nordic countries.
- A grant application is a request for funding, SPPS reserves all rights to decline an application without reasoning
- All grant applications should include a plan with estimated costs, and the purpose of the funding. Make sure, it is clear what you are applying for and how SPPS purpose, to promote plant science in the Nordic countries, would benefit from granting you money. The contact information of a referee and CV might be requested later, as well as receipts of actual travel expenses
- For travel grants, active participation in the meeting (oral or poster presentation) is required for the travel grant
- SPPS travel grants cover only actual traveling expenses. Conference fees and food are not traveling expenses. If the accommodation is included in the conference fee, it will not be covered by the travel grant.
- Apply in time! To circumvent additional unnecessary costs for you or your supervisor, estimate your travel costs and apply for the grant prior to booking your trip. Some universities require booking through special travel agencies and will deduct overhead from your grant if refunded. Also, you might have to cover the cost of your trip yourself in case your application is not successful
- SPPS tries to evaluate your application within 2 weeks, but more time can be needed in some cases (if someone is on holidays for example) Please let us know in your application if a decision is especially urgent and why (to have applied late is not a special reason for an urgent decision ;-) )
- Exceptions from these rules can be made on special request. As they crave a decision from the council, which takes more time.
For more information on the SPPS grants, please contact the Secretary General or SPPS office.
Applications can be submitted at any time.